Pediatric Hematology & Pediatric Cancer Center
Getting Diagnosed with Pediatric Cancer or Blood Disorder
If your child has been diagnosed with pediatric cancer or a pediatric blood disorder (hematological disorder), you may feel worried or anxious. It helps to know that our team of pediatric oncology and pediatric hematology experts will guide you through your options and provide your loved one with the best treatment plan possible.
Personalized Patient-Focused Pediatric Blood Disorder and Cancer Care
Larger institutions can’t match our concierge-level of personalized, high quality care. This includes programs tailored to adolescents and long-term pediatric cancer survivors. Our specialists work with the University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School on extensive pediatric cancer research and clinical trials, so our patients benefit from the latest diagnostic and treatment options.
As multidisciplinary care practitioners, our specialists meet together regularly to discuss each patient’s diagnosis and develop a thorough treatment plan. Most patients only need a single appointment to meet with our team members one-on-one. We focus on providing the most advanced medical care combined with the best emotional support for your child and your family. Our goal is to combine the most advanced medical care with the best emotional support. We care for your children as if they were our own.
Pediatric Cancer Expertise
The Pediatric Cancer Program at UMass Memorial Children’s Medical Center is a member of the Children’s Oncology Group and offers a comprehensive children’s hematology/oncology program. We provide inpatient and outpatient diagnostic evaluations, chemotherapy treatment and, if needed, prompt referrals for second opinions or advanced care and protocols.
Pediatric Cancers We Treat
Our pediatric oncology team treats a wide range of cancers in infants, children, adolescents and young adults, including:
- Aplastic anemia/myelodysplastic syndrome
- Brain tumors
- Ewing’s sarcoma
- Germ cell tumors
- Hodgkin’s lymphoma and other pediatric lymphomas
- Leukemia (all types, including B-cell, T-cell, pre-B ALL and AML)
- Osteosarcoma (bone tumors)
- Rhabdomyosarcoma and rare types of pediatric sarcomas
- Wilms tumor
- Other rare childhood
Pediatric Blood Disorders We Treat
Our pediatric hematology team evaluates and treats all pediatric blood disorders, including:
- Red blood cell disorders
- Disorders of white blood cell number and function
- Sickle cell disease
- Clotting problems, including bleeding, thrombosis and platelet disorders
Pediatric Cancer and Blood Disorder Treatments We Provide
- Access to state-of-the-art hematology and cancer research and clinical trials (search cancer or hematology)
- Coordinated care for all childhood cancers
- Long-term follow-up care for survivors of childhood cancer
- Diagnosis and treatment for all pediatric blood disorders and malignancies