Determination of Need Announcement
Since 2018, UMass Memorial Medical Center has been distributing community benefits through the Determination of Need (DoN) funding from the following projects:
- UMass Memorial Medical Center Renovations: There was a substantial capital expenditure for renovations affecting four floors at the UMMMC University Campus to address medical/surgical (M/S) capacity, and emergency department (ED) wait time.
- Total DoN funding: $1,520,012
- Total distribution remaining: $1,201,070
- Healthcare Enterprises (Shields): The establishment of the Ambulatory Surgery Center in Shrewsbury.
- Total DoN funding: $1,561,340
- Total distribution remaining: $1,387,358
These DoN funds represent 5% of the total cost of the capital projects as approved by the Department of Public Health.
As part of this commitment, the Hospital is pleased to announce a new DoN funding opportunity. Funding will be awarded to community organizations addressing the following priority areas identified through the 2021 Greater Worcester Community Health Needs Assessment (CHA) and Greater Worcester Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP):
- Mental Health
- Access to Housing/Housing Security (funding cannot cover construction costs)
- Food Insecurity
Type of Distribution: RFP (Request for Proposal)
Total distribution remaining: $2,588,428
RFP Submission Eligibility Requirements
- Recommended funding range: $15,000 not to exceed $150,000.
- Organizations may submit only one RFP.
- Budget justification required with RFP submission.
- Only nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) status are eligible to apply. If an applicant organization does not have a 501(c)(3), it must have a fiscal conduit that will be responsible for budgetary management.
- The deadline to apply is January 30, 2023 by 5:00 pm.
For questions regarding this opportunity, please contact:
UMass Memorial Medical Center Office of Community Relations