Cancer Quality Measures
Accreditations Demonstrate Passion, Excellence and Dedication to Cancer Care
When it comes to choosing where to get your cancer care, you can be assured that our UMass Memorial Cancer Center has a proven track record of superior results. Our team has received national recognition for high-quality cancer care, including:
- UMass Memorial Medical Center - Designated as high performing in the Worcester region by U.S. News Best Hospitals for cancer care
- UMass Memorial Medical Center and HealthAlliance - Accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- UMass Memorial Medical Center breast cancer program - Accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- UMass Memorial Medical Center blood and marrow transplant program – Nationally accredited by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy
- UMass Memorial Medical Center radiation oncology – Nationally accredited by the American College of Radiology
- UMass Memorial Medical Center palliative care - Accredited by the European Society for Medical Oncology (ours is one of only two cancer centers in the country currently holding this accreditation)
Continuously Exceeding Best Practice Benchmarks for Patients
Performance measures give you a way to review health care quality compared to national standards. Measurements are a way to help you know if you’re receiving appropriate and high-quality care.
According to the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACS CoC), by which UMass Memorial Medical Center is accredited, the Cancer Program Practice Profile Reports review measures for breast, colon, rectal and lung cancers.
What do these charts mean?
Data compares UMass Memorial Medical Center (Our Cancer Center on the charts) to all ACS CoC-approved cancer programs and all teaching hospital cancer programs in the United States. The charts show that our Cancer Center exceeds in performance measures when comparing.
A call or click away:
HOPE line – 866-597 HOPE (4673)
Talk to a patient care coordinator with cancer experience.
Available Mondays through Fridays, 8 am – 4:30 pm.
Calls received during non-business hours will be returned on the next business day.