If you have cancer of the blood, bone marrow or lymph nodes, you can be confident knowing our Hematology Oncology Program experts provide the highest level of compassionate, patient-centered care.
We offer expert care for cancers and diseases of the blood including:
- Non-Hodgkin and Hodgkin lymphoma
- Multiple myeloma
- Bleeding and clotting disorders
You can receive your care from national experts in the field of blood cancer without the need of having to drive far from home.
The diagnosis and treatment of your blood cancer often require the skills of many specialists. We bring together these specialists in a single setting (called multidisciplinary care). Here the team discusses care for each patient and develops a thorough treatment program. This provides you with the best cancer treatment plan possible.
Our approach to evaluation and treatment and our wide variety of support services ensure you receive the best cancer care.
Research and Clinical Trials
Working with UMass Chan Medical School, the Cancer Center serves as a forum for education and research. Extensive blood cancer research and clinical trials are conducted so you benefit from the latest diagnostic and treatment options that come from this research.
Blood Cancer Services
- Use of promising new treatments and targeted therapies through participation in regional and national clinical trials
- A dedicated eight-bed blood and marrow transplant unit specializing in the care of those needing a transplant
- Support programs
- Specialized nursing, social work, nutritional counseling and home care