Comprehensive Breast Program
At the Comprehensive Breast Program at UMass Memorial Health, our skilled and compassionate team of experts is relentlessly committed to your health and well-being.
Our staff is led by accomplished physicians and health professionals who are highly regarded in the field of breast health and breast cancer and are experts in some of the most innovative treatments and therapies. Our team provides a full range of breast health services, including:
- Benign breast issues, plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Breast Cancer Program
- High-Risk Breast Cancer Screening Program
- Comprehensive breast imaging services
Using the most advanced diagnostic tools, we offer a full range of services, including the treatment of patients who have been diagnosed with or are suspected of having breast cancer or other breast disorders. Learn about the signs and symptoms of breast cancer.
Our team of specialists takes this journey alongside you, guiding you through information and options so you can make the best decisions for your care. This means your treatment will be managed using a multidisciplinary approach that includes all the breast specialists responsible for your care. Often, cases are reviewed at multidisciplinary breast conferences to ensure the plan is thorough, and we do our best to ensure appointments are scheduled in consecutive, personalized sessions with each of your specialists to reduce the need for multiple return visits.
Screening mammography is available at our sites in Shrewsbury, Worcester, Uxbridge, Barre, Fitchburg and Clinton. Comprehensive screening, diagnostic and treatment services are available in Leominster, Marlborough and Worcester. See a full list of our breast health locations. You also will have seamless access to a broad range of services as necessary available through the Women’s Health Center and the Cancer Center at UMass Memorial Health.
We understand that a diagnosis of cancer can be very unsettling for you as well as your friends and families. We know that successful outcomes are dependent upon healing the whole patient, which is why we’re committed to addressing both your physical and emotional needs.
BENEFITS WE OFFER
As a patient, you’ll have access to support services at UMass Memorial Health and in the community, including:
- A nurse navigator
- Social workers
- Physical therapy and occupational therapy
- Nutritional counseling
- Financial counseling
- Programs at the American Cancer Society
- PINK Revolution, a program focused on improving the lives of those touched by breast cancer
Working with the University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School, the UMass Memorial Health Cancer Center serves as a forum for education and research. Extensive cancer research and clinical trials are conducted so patients benefit from the latest diagnostic and treatment options that come from this work.
We offer advanced treatments for:
- Abnormal mammograms
- Breast cancer (female and male)
- Breast lumps
- Nipple discharge
- Patients at high risk for breast cancer
Our diagnostic radiology and treatment services include:
- Advanced surgical techniques including wireless lumpectomies, nipple-sparing mastectomies
- Automated Breast Ultrasound Screening (ABUS) for dense breast tissue
- Breast cancer risk assessment and counseling
- Breast cancer screenings
- Breast MRI
- Clinical research
- Diagnostic breast ultrasound
- Genetic testing and counseling
- Health psychologist
- Mammography (routine and diagnostic)
- Medical oncology
- Multidisciplinary care
- Plastic surgery (reconstructive/aesthetic breast surgery) including aesthetic flat and tissue-based reconstruction
- PET scan
- Radiation therapy
With expertise, quality care, convenient locations, and appointment availability, you can be confident that you’ll receive expert care at UMass Memorial’s Comprehensive Breast Cancer Program.