Join UMass Memorial Medical Group
Why Work for UMass Memorial Medical Group?
When you join UMass Memorial Medical Group as an employee, you become part of an outstanding caregiving team. Our members are a collaborative group of both primary care and specialty doctors who work in community-based clinics and hospitals.
Our 1,100-member team can offer patients just about every health care service and treatment they’ll ever need — right here in central Massachusetts.
Doctors who build careers with our team can expect:
- Close connections to academic medicine: Our group members serve on the faculty of the respected University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School. We teach the newest generation of doctors and also help translate scientific discoveries into clinical research and, ultimately, effective treatment options for patients.
- Competitive compensation and benefits: Our doctors are employees of the UMass Memorial Health system. We offer generous employee compensation and benefits package. As a result, we attract and retain top-quality doctors.
- Management opportunities: Our physician leadership development program helps identify and train doctors who are interested in administrative and/or academic positions.
- Freedom to focus on people, not profits: We eliminate the time-consuming work of building a private medical practice so you can focus on what you do best: Caring for patients. You work in fully supported community medical offices, hospitals and affiliated locations.
Quick Facts About UMass Memorial Medical Group
- We’re a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. We’re part of UMass Memorial Health, one of the largest and most respected health care systems in New England. Working for a nonprofit means you’ll be part of our mission to help improve the health and welfare of our local communities.
- Our communities value us. Our medical group doctors see about 1.9 million Central Massachusetts patients per year. As part of such an active, community-based team, you’ll benefit from seeing a wide variety of patients and health conditions.
- We’re dedicated to academic medicine. We are the official clinical partner of UMass Chan Medical School in Worcester. Our medical group offers you the ability to participate in research and clinical trials to develop new treatment options.
- We work in locations that are convenient both for our patients and our providers. We see patients in nearly 80 medical offices our Massachusetts' communities. We also staff four member hospitals, including UMass Memorial Medical Center. Our extensive network of facilities means you may live close to the facility in which you work.
Ready to Join Us?
Learn more about great careers available with UMass Memorial Medical Group.