Providing Inclusive, Affirming Primary Care
At UMass Memorial Health, we recognize the importance of providing inclusive and affirming primary care tailored specifically to the unique needs of LGBTQIA+ individuals. Everyone deserves compassion and respect, and our primary care providers are here to build a robust and supportive partnership with you.
Our providers are advocates that help you navigate the health care system at every stage of your life. We prioritize creating a safe and respectful environment where you can receive the care you deserve.
Routine health screenings are essential for everyone, and our team ensures that you receive age-appropriate preventive care based on your personal needs, including pelvic, prostate, and breast exams/mammograms. We can catch potential concerns early by addressing preventive health screenings, allowing for timely diagnosis and treatment.
Our experienced UMass Memorial internal medicine, family medicine, adolescent/young adult medicine, and pediatric caregivers are well versed in providing age-specific support and care, which includes:
- Essential preventive health screenings and personalized risk assessments
- Management of chronic conditions
- Behavioral health screenings and referrals to appropriate resources
- Access to specialists skilled in gender-affirming procedures and services
Let us be your health partners, ensuring you receive respectful and affirmative care.
Learn more about our Specialty Medical Care
Looking for LGBTQIA+ Care?
If you're seeking LGBTQIA+ care, we're here to assist you in living your healthiest life.
- Call 855-UMASS-MD (855-862-7763) to connect with a knowledgeable provider.
- Use Find a Doctor to search for providers who welcome and have experience working with LGBTQIA+ patients. We continually update our list with more providers who share our commitment to inclusive care.