Transfer and Access Center
When a patient needs the specialty care available at UMass Memorial Medical Center, physicians can turn to the Transfer and Access Center (TrAC) to smooth the way, any time of day or night.
The Transfer and Access Center is an enhanced service focused on efficiently filling the needs of patients and the referring physician who requests a transfer. The Center is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week, by a team of experienced intensive care and emergency medicine nurses with significant expertise in direct patient care.
Starting right from the first phone call, the Transfer and Access Center staff will:
- Triage clinical information and medical necessity to ensure proper patient placement and care.
- Facilitate direct communication between the referring physician and on-site attending physicians.
- Arrange all internal processes for acceptance, emergency procedures, and bed placement.
- Manage the logistics of patient transfer via Life Flight for critically ill patient transfers.
Call 24/7 for TrAC Services
To transfer a patient, simply call 888-334-4111, select one of the options below. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Option 1: UMass Medical Medical Center internal use only for Emergency Response Team Activations
- Option 2: Patient Transfers
- ED to ED
- Inpatient to Inpatient
- ED to Inpatient
- Procedural transfers such as: ERCP, Cardiac Catheterization, IR procedures, surgical procedures
- Option 3: Toxicology Consults
- Option 4: Specialty Service Consults (Discussion only-transfer not anticipated)
- Option 5: Physician Referral Services-for outpatient appointment referrals