Second Opinion Heart Clinic
Are you wondering if your medication regimen is the best for you? Do you want to look at every treatment option for your heart condition? Or would you feel better knowing a second physician supported your recommended treatment plan?
UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, MA, is offering a second opinion clinic for heart and vascular patients who have already received a first diagnosis. Our clinic provides you with access to expert cardiologists and surgeons who can give you peace of mind when it comes to your heart health.
Why Get a Second Opinion?
- A second opinion can ease your mind. Our physicians and surgeons can confirm your diagnosis and treatment plan so you can have confidence in your care.
- It’s an opportunity for you to see if there are alternative options or new advancements in treatments that could be available to you.
- You may find there is a treatment option that is more convenient for you, less invasive and possibly more effective than the one you were initially given.
- A second opinion may prevent an unnecessary procedure.
Diagnoses and Procedures
Diagnoses/procedures we typically provide second opinions for include:
- Atrial fibrillation
- Heart failure
- Cardiac catheterization
- Mitral or aortic valve repair or replacement
- Bypass surgery
- Minimally invasive heart surgery
- Valve disease
- Lower leg/foot amputation
- Need for cardiac defibrillator or pacemaker
- Other cardiovascular disease
One of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care eight years in a row.
Recipient of the Healthgrades Cardiac Care Excellence Award
for ten years in a row.
Recipient of Healthgrades Coronary Intervention Excellence Award for 11 years in a row.
First-time recipient of the Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award.
One of Healthgrades 50 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery
five years in a row.