UMass Memorial Requesting Proposals from Local Non-profits for Community Health Services
- More than $2.5 million available for mental health services, food insecurity and housing
- Funding to range from $15,000 to $150,000
Worcester, Mass – UMass Memorial Medical Center (UMMMC) has funding opportunities available for non-profits in the 2021 Greater Worcester Community Health Needs Assessment (CHA) service area, which consists of the City of Worcester, Grafton, Millbury, Shrewsbury and West Boylston. As part of the Determination of Need (DoN) process established by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH), UMMMC is required to provide five percent of its two capital improvement project costs toward improving community health.
This combined DoN funding opportunity is the final distribution from two substantial capital expenditure projects initiated in 2017 and 2018: UMass Memorial Medical Center Renovations at the University Campus to address medical/surgical capacity, and emergency department wait time; and Healthcare Enterprises (Shields) for the establishment of the Ambulatory Surgery Center in Shrewsbury. UMMMC will be providing $2,588,428 to eligible local non-profits addressing the below priority areas in the range of $15,000 to $150,000. Deadline to submit a Request for Proposal (RFP) is January 30, 2023, by 5:00 pm. The awards will be announced in March 2023.
RFP Priority Areas:
Mental Health efforts
- Workforce shortage; career pathways, and development of nontraditional workforce
- Mental and/or behavioral health services and programs for children and adolescents, including non-traditional supports such as embedded mental health resources in youth-serving programs
- Suicide prevention and access to mental health services for youth and adolescents
- Mental health access barriers by reducing self, public, and/or structural stigma
- Coordination of food security resources and referrals/case management
- Addressing cliff effect and SNAP enrollment
- Food delivery/access for home-bound individuals
Access to Housing/Housing Security (funding cannot include construction costs)
- Promoting affordable rental and first-time homeownership opportunities
- Addressing housing security e.g., rental and fuel/utilities assistance support
- Improve energy efficiency and housing related social determinants of health
Please visit UMMMC DoN RFP Opportunity, for information on full eligibility requirements and access to the Request for Proposal Application.
For questions regarding this opportunity, please contact, UMass Memorial Medical Center, Office of Community Relations at email@example.com
About UMass Memorial Health
UMass Memorial Health is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Central Massachusetts with more than 15,500 employees and 2,100 physicians, many of whom are members of UMass Memorial Medical Group and Harrington Physician Services. We are the clinical partner of UMass Chan Medical School. Our comprehensive system includes UMass Memorial Medical Center, UMass Memorial Health – Harrington, UMass Memorial Health – HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital, UMass Memorial Health – Marlborough Hospital, and UMass Memorial Health – Community Healthlink. Visit www.ummhealth.org.