UMass Memorial - Marlborough Hospital provides emergency services for adults and children 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are staffed by emergency medicine physicians from UMass Memorial Medical Center who work with a group of highly skilled emergency nurses and other clinical and nonclinical staff.
Services and Resources within Our Emergency Department
- Examination and procedure rooms
- Specialized treatment areas for cardiac, trauma, pediatric and psychiatric emergencies
- State-of-the-art cardiac monitoring system to monitor heart rate, blood pressure, respiration and blood oxygen levels
- Negative-pressure isolation room to keep hazardous infections away from patients and staff
- Special decontamination area where patients exposed to hazardous substances can be safely treated
Access to a Level I Trauma Center
As a member of UMass Memorial Health, Marlborough Hospital patients have convenient access to the Duddie Massad Emergency and Trauma Center, the region's only accredited Level I Trauma Center for adults.
Patients requiring the advanced services of a trauma center can be rapidly transferred by Life Flight air ambulance.
Marlborough Hospital’s emergency services are backed by the latest diagnostic resources, including a 40-slice computed tomography (CT) scanner and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), with high-definition technology.