Patient Rights and Responsibilities System
UMass Memorial Health strives to provide a welcoming and inclusive environment for all our patients, visitors and caregivers. We do not discriminate against any individual on the basis of color, race, religion, beliefs, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, ethnicity, veteran status, or citizenship.
We are committed to:
- Respecting the spectrum of human diversity in providing culturally responsive and respectful care
- Reducing health care disparities and inequalities
- Providing warm, supportive and personalized care that recognizes each patient as an individual
Delivering the best care and possible outcomes for all patients.
We respect your rights as a patient and recognize your individual health care needs. We want to be your partner in making decisions regarding your medical care. Therefore, our responsibility is to provide you with considerate and respectful care, ensure that you are fully informed about your condition and treatment, and maintain your privacy and confidentiality. You can help us in this partnership by asking for clarification of things you do not understand, reporting any changes in your health and making informed decisions.
Patient rights, disclosures and information by hospital entity
- UMass Memorial Health – Harrington Hospital Rights and Responsibilities
- UMass Memorial Health- HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital Rights and Responsibilities
- UMass Memorial Health – Marlborough Hospital Rights and Responsibilities
- UMass Memorial Medical Center Patient Rights and Responsibilities