How To Refer a Patient
At UMass Memorial Health, we value our relationship with referring physicians and are committed to meeting and exceeding their needs by providing timely communication and efficient service. Our goal is to remain easily accessible to referring physicians and to return their patients back to their care as quickly as possible.
Refer a Patient through Physician Concierge Services (PCS)
The PCS team is dedicated to serving providers and community practices with “white glove service” for all referrals into UMass Memorial Health. Our dedicated Referral Specialists are committed to upholding our “PCS Promise”:
- Scheduling all outpatient appointments, anywhere in the UMass Memorial Health system
- Offering expedited appointments
- 24-hour guaranteed response for all urgent referrals
- 48-hour guaranteed response for all non-urgent referrals
- Coordination with patients for scheduling, reminders and confirmation of their appointments
- Delivering appointment confirmations to providers – closing the information loop!
In addition, PCS can assist with:
- Identifying appropriate specialists for confirmation
- Obtaining medical records and lab results
- Facilitating physician-to-physician communication
- Is there a UMass Memorial specialist you’d like to meet? We can help.
Provider Outreach Program at Our Children's Medical Center
We welcome your ideas, concerns and suggestions on how we can best serve you and your patients. Through our Provider Outreach Program, you can set up a visit with pediatric specialists to your practice or get contact information for our more than 130 specialty pediatricians.
To learn more, please email our Outreach Program Coordinator, Kasey Leavitt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Share your feedback, ideas or suggestions via email to help us identify opportunities for quality improvement and to better serve you and your patients.