Cardiac Testing and Screening
Virtual Visits Available
Our cardiac imaging program is open and offering virtual visits for some appointments.
Don’t delay your care. Call 855-UMASS-MD (855-862-7763) today.
Many diagnostic tests available today can tell doctors if you have heart disease or if it’s getting worse. Your cardiologist will decide which test is best for you based on your symptoms, your medical history and your history of heart disease.
At UMass Memorial Health Care, our patients have access to the latest cardiac tests and imaging technologies at locations across our health system. More advanced tests are available to all of our patients at our Heart and Vascular Center, located at our Medical Center in Worcester.
Experts in Cardiac Imaging
At UMass Memorial Medical Center, we offer the most advanced imaging technology in the nation. Our cardiac imaging experts are able to diagnose heart and blood vessel problems using state-of-the-art noninvasive and minimally invasive approaches. You benefit from the collaboration of expert cardiologists and radiologists, who have extensive cardiac imaging experience.
Many imaging tests are available at all of our hospitals. Some more advanced tests may only be available at our Medical Center in Worcester. Services include:
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Cardiac CT angiography
- Cardiac MRI
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery (CABG)
- Dobutamine Stress Echocardiogram
- Electrophysiological Studies
- Exercise Echocardiogram
- Fluoroscopy Procedure
- Heart Valve Repair or Replacement Surgery
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) Insertion
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) of the Heart
- Myocardial Perfusion Scan, Resting
- Myocardial Perfusion Scan, Stress
- Nuclear cardiology
- Pacemaker Insertion
- Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty (PTCA) and Stent Placement
- Radionuclide Angiogram, Resting and Exercise
- Transthoracic Echo
- Tilt Table Procedure
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scan
- Vascular Studies
- Transesophageal Echocardiogram
In addition to our medical center, heart and vascular care are available at our member hospitals: