Important Tips for Your Mammogram
Please contact your doctor's office if you have any questions about the day of the test. Below are some important reminders:
- Contact your insurance company directly before your appointment if you have any questions about coverage, co-pays, or deductibles.
- Bring all of your insurance information with you to your appointment.
- Dress comfortably; separates such as tops and pants or a skirt are best. You will disrobe from the waist up and we will provide a gown.
- Mammograms do not require medication and are non-invasive.
- Do NOT use deodorant or baby powder before you appointment, as substances in the toiletries can interfere with the scan. Cosmetics, nail polish, and jewelry are all fine.