Breast Cancer Center
If you have been diagnosed with or suspect you have breast cancer or another breast disorder, you may feel worried or anxious. It helps to know that our team of experts will guide you through your options and provide you with the best cancer treatment plan possible.
The Breast Cancer Center offers personalized, high quality care in patient-focused settings at four convenient locations: UMass Memorial Medical Center, UMass Memorial Health – HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital, UMass Memorial Health – Harrington Hospital and UMass Memorial Health – Marlborough Hospital. We work with the UMass Chan Medical School on extensive cancer research and clinical trials, so our patients benefit from the latest diagnostic and treatment options.
As multidisciplinary care practitioners, we bring our specialists together in a single setting to discuss each patient’s diagnosis and develop a thorough treatment plan. In most cases, you’ll only need a single appointment to meet with our team members one-on-one. We’ll answer your questions, discuss your concerns and attend to your physical and emotional needs. We encourage the involvement of your loved ones throughout the care process to complement the support we provide.
Watch our Breast Cancer 101 webinar.
Diseases We Treat
- Breast cancer
- Breast lumps
- Abnormal mammograms
- Nipple discharge
- Male breast cancer
Services We Provide
- Breast biopsy capabilities, including stereotactic, ultrasound-, and MRI-guided approaches
- Mammography (routine and diagnostic)
- Comprehensive breast imaging, including:
- 3D mammography
- Automated breast ultrasound screening (ABUS) for dense breast tissue
- Radiation therapy
- Medical oncology
Specialty Services Available at UMass Memorial Medical Center
- High-risk breast cancer screening and counseling
- Genetic testing and counseling
- Health psychology
- Plastic surgery (reconstructive/aesthetic breast surgery)
Additional Resources for Breast Cancer
Learn more about the risk of developing breast cancer for women:
- Understand risk factors that may increase your chances of getting breast cancer
- Learn how to do a self-breast examination
- Quiz yourself on your knowledge about breast cancer