Marlborough Hospital Visitor Guidance: 8/23/2021
Marlborough Hospital will screen everyone who enters the hospital for symptoms of possible COVID-19 infection (fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, chills, myalgia, or new onset of loss of taste or smell).
- Anyone entering the hospital is required to perform hand hygiene and wear a mask at all times. Cloth masks will not be allowed in the hospital. A hospital approved mask will be issued to visitors/patients to wear instead of a cloth mask.
- Visitors with any symptom will not be permitted into the hospital.
- Visitor screening information will be logged into the log book located at the main entrance.
- Visitors will be given a “visitor badge” to wear while in the hospital.
- Patients will be asked the screening questions before proceeding to the area of the hospital they are going.
- Visitors who are here to visit a patient on a unit will be asked to wait until the unit is called and the visit is approved by the patient’s care team. Recommended length of stay per visit is 30 minutes. Visits may be shorter in the ICU.
For purposes of this guidance, parents of patients who are under the age of 18 years old, attorneys of patients and companions for patients with intellectual and/or physical disabilities are not considered visitors but must be screened when entering the hospital.
The patient’s care team is available to discuss modifications to the Visitor Guidance.
COVID positive and PUI patients:
- Patients who are COVID-positive or PUI will not be allowed visitors at this time.
- Visitor Exception: End-of-life visits for COVID-positive patients will be limited to 30 minutes with a maximum of two (2) visitors at a time. Visitors must adhere to all PPE guidelines.
Granger 1 and 2: 10am - 7pm
ICU: 12pm - 7pm
- No visitors under the age of 18 years old are allowed in the hospital.
- In-patient units/ICU: One (1) visitor at a time. The same person may visit more than once.
- Out-patient units: Visitors are not allowed unless deemed beneficial by the patient’s care team (caregiver, wheelchair bound, behavioral challenge).
- Emergency Department: Patients will be allowed one (1) visitor. Visitors must adhere to all PPE guidelines.
- Granger 3: Visitors must make an appointment in advance with the patient’s care team.
- CMO/ End-of-Life/ Imminent death: Patients will be allowed two (2) visitors at a time. Visitors must adhere to all PPE guidelines.
Visitors will be allowed outside of visiting hours to visit a patient who is end-of-life or imminent death. The visit will be coordinated by the patient’s care team. Visitors will be screened.
Marlborough Hospital will continue to support alternative electronic methods for communication between patients and all other visitors, such as Skype, FaceTime, WhatsApp or Google Duo.