Marlborough Hospital Visitor Guidance
At Marlborough Hospital, we understand the importance of having visitors. However, at this time, we encourage visiting for in-patients be through alternative electronic methods such as Skype, FaceTime, WhatsApp or Google Duo.
Marlborough Hospital will screen everyone who enters the hospital for symptoms of possible COVID-19 infection (fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, chills, myalgia, or new onset of loss of taste or smell).
- Anyone entering the hospital is required to perform hand hygiene and wear a mask at all times. Cloth masks will not be allowed in the hospital. A hospital approved mask will be issued to visitors/patients to wear instead of a cloth mask.
- A visitor with any symptom will not be permitted into the hospital.
- Visitor screening information will be logged into the logbook located at the main entrance.
- A visitor will be given a “visitor badge” to wear while in the hospital.
- Patients will be asked the screening questions before proceeding to any area of the hospital.
- A visitor who arrives to visit a patient on a unit will be asked to wait until the unit is called and the visit is approved by the patient’s care team.
- Recommended length of stay per visit is no more than 30 minutes. Visits may be shorter in the ICU.
For purposes of this guidance, parents of patients who are under the age of 18 years old, attorneys of patients and companions for patients with intellectual and/or physical disabilities are not considered visitors but must be screened when entering the hospital.
The patient’s care team is available to discuss modifications to the Visitor Guidance.
COVID-positive and PUI patients:
- Patients who are COVID-positive or a PUI will not be allowed a visitor at this time.
- Visitor Exception: End-of-life visits for COVID-positive patients will be limited to 30 minutes with a maximum of two (2) visitors. Visitors must adhere to all PPE guidelines.
Granger 1 and 2 Visiting Hours: 10am to 7pm
ICU Visiting Hours: 12noon to 7pm
- No visitors under the age of 18 years old are allowed in the hospital.
- In-patient units/ICU
- One (1) visitor per day. Visits will be limited to 30 minutes.
- Out-patient units
- Visitors are not allowed unless deemed necessary by the patient’s care team (caregiver, wheelchair bound, behavioral challenge).
- Emergency Department
- Visitors are not allowed unless deemed necessary by the patient’s care team. Pediatric and end-of-life patients may have a caregiver.
- Granger 3
- Visitors must make an appointment in advance with the patient’s care team.
- CMO/End-of-life/Imminent death
- Patients will be allowed up to two (2) visitors at a time. Visitors must adhere to all PPE guidelines.
Visitors will be allowed outside of visiting hours to visit a patient who is end-of-life or imminent death. The visit will be coordinated by the patient’s care team. Visitors will be screened.