Partnership With UMass Chan Medical School
UMass Memorial Medical Group: Clinical-Academic Collaboration
Our UMass Memorial Medical Group doctors work closely with our academic partner, the nationally renowned UMass Chan Medical School. Our Worcester-based UMass Memorial Medical Center serves as the Medical School’s primary teaching hospital.
This collaboration between our community-based doctors and a top-ranked academic institution offers many advantages, including:
- Teaching excellence: Our Medical Group doctors all are UMass Chan Medical School faculty members. UMass Chan medical students train with and learn from our doctors in our community hospitals, clinics and other locations. Learn about residencies and fellowships.
- Patient-first orientation: The Medical School’s ongoing work with our clinics and hospitals ensures that its research and teaching remains patient centered.
- Partnerships with top medical facilities: UMass Memorial Medical Center was the first academic medical center to join the Dana-Farber Cancer Care Collaborative. Our agreement, related to adult medical oncology services, formalizef the relationship between oncologists from UMass Memorial Medical Center and Dana-Farber, which means we are able to expedite patients who have especially complex cancers directly to Dana-Farber specialists. In addition, our UMass Memorial Medical Center providers have access to specialized educational, training and consulting opportunities at Dana-Farber.
- Continuous innovation: Our doctors work with Medical School researchers and introduce new treatment options to patients who need them. In addition, our patients often participate in groundbreaking clinical trials that may improve their own health and the health of future patients.
Learn more about our:
- Research and teaching
- Research at a glance
- Current research
- Research education opportunities
- Research partnerships
Learn More About Our UMass Medical School Partnership
Contact our Medical Group to learn more about how we work with UMass Chan Medical School.