Partnership With UMass Medical School
UMass Memorial Medical Group: Clinical-Academic Collaboration
Our UMass Memorial Medical Group doctors work closely with our academic partner, the nationally renowned University of Massachusetts Medical School. Our Worcester-based UMass Memorial Medical Center serves as the medical school’s primary teaching hospital.
This collaboration between our community-based doctors and a top-ranked academic institution offer many advantages, including:
- Teaching excellence: Our 1,100 medical group doctors all are UMass Medical School faculty members. UMass medical students train with and learn from our doctors in our community hospitals, clinics and other locations. Learn about residencies and fellowships.
- Patient-first orientation: The medical school’s ongoing work with our clinics and hospitals ensures that its research and teaching remains patient centered.
- Partnerships with top medical facilities: UMass Memorial Medical Center will soon be the first academic medical center to join the Dana-Farber Cancer Care Collaborative. Our agreement, related to adult medical oncology services, formalizes the relationship between oncologists from UMass Memorial Medical Center and Dana-Farber. We’ll now be able to expedite patients who have especially complex cancers directly to Dana-Farber specialists. In addition, our UMass Memorial Medical Center providers will have access to specialized educational, training and consulting opportunities at Dana-Farber.
- Continuous innovation: Our doctors work with medical school researchers and introduce new treatment options to patients who need them. In addition, our patients often participate in groundbreaking clinical trials that may improve their own health and the health of future patients.
Learn more about our:
- Research and teaching
- Research at a glance
- Current research
- Research education opportunities
- Research partnerships
Learn More About Our UMass Medical School Partnership
Contact our Medical Group to learn more about how we work with UMass Medical School.