Volunteering is a wonderful way to gain exposure to the medical community, explore careers, enhance your knowledge and give back to UMass Memorial Medical Center. We offer unique volunteer programs for both adults and teens. Through volunteering, you’ll find a challenging and satisfying experience while performing a valuable service to the Medical Center’s staff and a warm and caring environment for patients and their families.
Our volunteers are highly valued members of our team and are vitally important to patient satisfaction, care and recovery. Many of our volunteers are retirees looking for a sense of satisfaction and excitement by being part of a well-known medical center, while others are college or high school students exploring career possibilities. Volunteers may also be looking for a learning experience before going to work for the first time, or back to work after time away.
Advantages of Volunteering at UMass Memorial Medical Center
- Increase your own personal satisfaction
- Share your talents, hobbies, experiences and expertise
- Develop new skills and interests
- Feel the satisfaction of giving back to the hospital
- Be a team member of a highly recognized Medical Center
Plus, we are happy to provide our volunteers with:
- Validated onsite parking
- Voucher for use in the hospital cafeteria
- Free flu shots and annual TB screenings
- Volunteer uniform shirt
To learn how to join our volunteer team, contact Volunteer Services at 774-443-2558 between 8 am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday. After hours, please leave a detailed message on our answering machine.