If your child has a skin disorder, the pediatric dermatologists at UMass Memorial Children's Medical Center can help. Whether your child has a common skin condition (such as acne or warts) or one that is unusual or rare, you can be assured we’ll provide you with the best care.
Need a second-opinion? Our team often works with pediatricians, family practitioners and other dermatologists on diagnosing and treating skin problems.
Pediatric Dermatology Services
We provide the following services:
- The Pediatric Laser Program treats patients with vascular birthmarks and pigmented lesions.
- The Pediatric and Adult Dermatology Clinics treat patients of all ages with skin problems, as well as patients who require phototherapy (light therapy) and patch testing (test to confirm the causes of allergies or irritations).
- The Genetics Dermatology Combined Clinic diagnoses and treats genetic skin disorders in children and young adults.
- The Epidermolysis Bullosa Clinic provides diagnosis and management of children with this rare inherited skin condition.
- Surgical procedures, such as biopsies of skin conditions and excisions of birthmarks and skin lesions - These may be treated in the clinic using local anesthesia or in day surgery using general anesthesia.