General Obstetrics and Gynecology
Our Maternity Center has been nationally recognized with top honors as a five-ribbon hospital on Newsweek’s list of America’s Best Maternity Hospital, as Best Maternity Hospitals | US News and Blue Distinction Center for Maternity by Blue Cross Blue Shield. Our Maternity and Childbirth Center also received “best of” distinction in Central Massachusetts.
You can turn to UMass Memorial Medical Center for complete obstetrics and gynecology care for all stages of your life. We offer expertise in the management of all areas of women’s reproductive health.
When It Comes to Babies, UMass Memorial Medical Center Delivers
Our doctors offer you complete management of pregnancy and delivery (obstetric care), including:
- Pre-pregnancy planning and family planning
- Comprehensive ultrasound evaluation of the baby
- Genetic counseling and screening
- Patient and family education
- Nutrition counseling
- Trial of labor and vaginal birth after Cesarean section (VBAC)
Upwards of 4,500 babies are born each year at our Maternity Center in Worcester, which provides moms, partners, families and newborns the comfort and security they need to have a healthy birth experience. Our highly skilled obstetricians, family medicine physicians and nurses are here for you at every step of your pregnancy.
Gynecologic Care for Women of All Ages
From the routine to the complex conditions, we offer you care in the following areas:
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology
- Breast evaluation
- Counseling for a range of birth control options
- Emergency contraception
- Family planning
- HPV vaccination
- Menopause and hormonal issues
- Menstrual irregularities and problems
- Normal and abnormal Pap smear evaluations
- Permanent sterilization through minimally invasive methods
- Placement and removal of contraceptive implants and intrauterine devices
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (also known as PCOS)
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Sexual dysfunction
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Urinary incontinence and fecal incontinence
Access to Specialized Care
If you need more specialized care, we connect you to the services and specialists you need right here at the Medical Center. We’re home to the region’s only complete group of specialists in high-risk pregnancy (maternal-fetal medicine), gynecologic cancer (gynecologic oncology), infertility (reproductive endocrinology), and urinary incontinence and pelvic floor disorders (urogynecology).