The newest member of the UMass Memorial Health system, Harrington serves patients from more than 25 communities across south central Massachusetts and northeastern Connecticut with a comprehensive array of health care services through:
- Harrington Hospital in Southbridge provides medical and surgical inpatient care, 24-hour emergency services, inpatient adult psychiatry, an intensive care unit and comprehensive outpatient services.
- Harrington Hospital at Webster is an outpatient facility anchored by the 24/7 Remillard Family Emergency Department and 16-bed inpatient co-occurring disorders unit. Additional services include primary care and specialty physicians, diagnostic imaging, laboratory, cardiology, and an advanced sleep lab.
- Three additional major medical office buildings — Harrington at Charlton, Harrington at 169, also in Charlton, and Harrington at Spencer — houses primary care and specialty physicians, diagnostic imaging, laboratory, physical therapy, outpatient behavioral health, audiology, and a Wound Care Center with hyperbaric oxygen chambers.
- Harrington Physician Services, a primary care and multi-specialty physician group, consists of more than 60 physicians located in offices in Brimfield, Charlton, Dudley, Southbridge, Spencer, Sturbridge and Webster.
- UrgentCare Express at Harrington serves as a walk-in medical center for non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries, open seven days per week in Oxford;
- The Cancer Center at Harrington in Southbridge allows patients to receive advanced, local oncological and hematology care, including chemotherapy, radiation and pain management. The service is joint venture partner with 21st Century Oncology.
Harrington Statistics: By the Numbers
Harrington employs more than 1,493 caregivers and 62 physicians, relentless in their pursuit of caring for our patients and each other.
- Beds: 119
- Employees: 1,555
- Active Medical Staff: 490
- Hospital Discharges: 16,097
- Emergency department visits: 25,168
- Outpatient visits: 272,914
- Advanced diagnostic imaging
- Oncology and cancer care
- Adult inpatient care
- Inpatient and outpatient behavioral health, including mental health and recovery services for substance use disorder
- 24-hour emergency care
- Safe, advanced surgical services
- Occupational health
- Cardiology and cardiac rehabilitation
- Orthopedic surgery and sports medicine
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation programs
- Wellness programs and community outreach
Through collaborations with an array of expert providers we ensure our patients have ready access to specialized care.
- Now as a member of UMass Memorial Health, we continue to strengthen our relationship with shared patient privileges and services lines with UMass Memorial. Our Telestroke program in our Southbridge and Webster Emergency Care Centers are led by physicians from UMass Memorial Stroke Care.
- Adult imaging studies are read by Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC). We often have a BIDMC radiologist on-site, with immediate teleradiology available 24/7.
- Pediatric imaging studies are read by Children’s Hospital Boston.
- Harrington is also a teaching hospital for the University of Massachusetts medical students.
- Our Wound Care program, was named a Center of Excellence three years in a row: 2014 (Center of Distinction) 2015 (Center of Excellence) and 2016 (Center of Excellence).
- Our board-certified hospitalists provide on-site physician care 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Hospitalists work with patients’ physicians and consult with other specialists as needed, providing excellent clinical care and prompt response.
- Primary care physicians have displayed full support for a hospitalist program at Harrington, which allows their patients to receive on-site and immediate care by physicians who are fully trained in internal and critical care.
The Harrington Auxiliary is a dedicated, volunteer group dedicated to supporting our community. The Auxiliary and Volunteer Department create fundraising projects, community events, holiday sales and health seminars to support our patients and augment hospital needs.