UMass Memorial Health Cancer Center has care sites located throughout Central Massachusetts including:
UMass Memorial Medical Center
UMass Memorial Health - HealthAlliance-Clinton
UMass Memorial Health - Harrington
UMass Memorial Health - Marlborough Hospital
Breast Cancer Center
If you have been diagnosed with or suspect you have breast cancer or another breast disorder, you may feel worried or anxious. It helps to know that our team of experts will guide you through your options and provide you with the best cancer treatment plan possible.
The Breast Cancer Center offers personalized, high quality care in patient-focused settings at four convenient locations: UMass Memorial Medical Center, UMass Memorial Health – HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital, UMass Memorial Health – Harrington Hospital and UMass Memorial Health – Marlborough Hospital. We work with the University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School on extensive cancer research and clinical trials, so our patients benefit from the latest diagnostic and treatment options.
As multidisciplinary care practitioners, we bring our specialists together in a single setting to discuss each patient’s diagnosis and develop a thorough treatment plan. In most cases, you’ll only need a single appointment to meet with our team members one-on-one. We’ll answer your questions, discuss your concerns and attend to your physical and emotional needs. We encourage the involvement of your loved ones throughout the care process to complement the support we provide.
Watch our Breast Cancer 101 webinar.
Diseases We Treat
- Breast cancer
- Breast lumps
- Abnormal mammograms
- Nipple discharge
- Male breast cancer
Services We Provide
- Biopsy (stereo core biopsy, ultrasound-guided biopsy, fine-needle aspiration biopsy)
- Diagnostic breast ultrasound
- Guided breast biopsy
- Mammography (routine and diagnostic)
- Radiation therapy
- Medical oncology
- Routine breast screenings
Specialty Services Available at UMass Memorial Medical Center
- High-risk breast cancer screening and counseling
- Genetic testing and counseling
- Breast MRI
- Health psychology
- Plastic surgery (reconstructive/aesthetic breast surgery)
Learn more about advanced care offered at UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, MA.
Additional Resources for Breast Cancer
Learn more about the risk of developing breast cancer for women:
- Understand risk factors that may increase your chances of getting breast cancer
- Use our Risk Assessment Tool to determine your risk for breast cancer
- Learn how to do a self-breast examination
- Quiz yourself on your knowledge about breast cancer