UMass Memorial Health is the health and wellness partner of the people of Central Massachusetts.
Through pain and pandemics, our commitment to our communities never wanes. We use knowledge and innovation to create breakthrough medicine. To create jobs. To make life better for those we serve. We are leaders in the training of physicians and those who work in every facet of health care. We make outstanding care accessible for all, regardless of ability to pay. We stand for quality, compassion, dignity, opportunity and fairness. And we are relentless in our pursuit of healing.
UMass Memorial Health is the largest health care system in Central Massachusetts. We are the clinical partner of the UMass Chan Medical School, with access to the latest technology, research and clinical trials.
UMass Memorial Health: Locations in Central Massachusetts
Our health system includes four hospitals and behavioral health services:
- UMass Memorial Medical Center (Worcester)
- UMass Memorial Health – HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital (Fitchburg, Clinton and Leominster)
- UMass Memorial Health – Marlborough Hospital (Marlborough)
- UMass Memorial Health - Harrington Hospital (Southbridge)
- Community Healthlink (Worcester)
Our hospitals are fully accredited by the Joint Commission, a national organization that sets quality standards for hospitals. In addition to our fully equipped medical centers, our health system also includes home health and hospice programs, behavioral health programs and community-based physician practices.
We have an affiliation with CareWell Urgent Care to provide regional urgent care services. Also, the UMass Memorial Medical Group provides high quality, low-cost outpatient surgery services at The Surgery Center in Shrewsbury.
We are committed to using our breadth of connected health resources to ensure you receive the best, most appropriate care you need to heal.
Health Services at UMass Memorial Health
With our knowledge, innovation, and compassion, we relentlessly pursue healing for you and all of our patients. Our team includes specialists who are nationally acclaimed for their expertise and leadership in areas such as:
- Heart and vascular care
- Newborn intensive care
- Children’s services
- Women’s services
- Emergency medicine and trauma
Advanced Care at UMass Memorial Medical Center
UMass Memorial Medical Center leads the region in providing cutting edge medical technology, including innovative diagnostic and treatment options. Our experienced staff includes specialists who are experts in their field. No matter where you receive health care within our network of hospitals, you have access to the knowledge, innovation and expertise of UMass Memorial Medical Center:
- The only designated Level I Trauma Center for adults in Central Massachusetts
- Home to the Duddie Massad Emergency and Trauma Center and Life Flight, New England’s first hospital-based air ambulance
- The region’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, providing expert care for ill or premature newborns
- Ranked sixth in Massachusetts by US News & World Report as best regional hospital
- Recognized by US News & World Report as high performing in diabetes, heart attack, heart bypass surgery, heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), kidney failure, lung cancer surgery, and stroke
- Named one of America’s Top 50 Teaching Hospitals by The Washington Monthly
- Ranked 24th in the nation’s top hospitals by the Lown Institute
- Recognized by Healthgrades with the following awards and designations: Critical Care Excellence Award, Coronary Intervention Excellence Award, America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care Award, America’s 50 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery Award