Women’s Imaging Center
You can receive diagnostic services from UMass Memorial Health - Marlborough Hospital at our Women's Imaging Center located at 207 Union Street - Marlborough, MA 01752. This center is conveniently located on the Marlborough Hospital campus. We offer advanced technology and convenient appointments.
Services We Provide
- 3D mammography
- Automated Breast Ultrasound (ABUS)
- Bone density screening to diagnose osteoporosis
- Breast ultrasound
- Stereotactic breast biopsy
What is an Automated Breast Ultrasound?
The Invenia ABUS 2.0 is the only FDA-approved ultrasound screening device for women with dense breast tissue. This new tool has been shown to improve breast cancer detection by 35.7 percent for women with dense breast tissue. It's a comfortable and relatively short exam without additional radiation.
Since mammograms are inconclusive in women with dense breasts, ABUS would be an ideal supplementary examination. Early detection of these hidden cancers enables less severe treatment, reduces suffering and offers the opportunity for better long-term outcomes.
Why Come to Our Women’s Imaging Center?
- Modern technology, including 3D mammography
- Board-certified radiologists who provide patient consultation and immediate diagnostic mammography and breast ultrasound results
- Designed with evidence based healing enviornment colors to promote comfort and healing
- Convenient hours for mammography
To schedule an appointment, please call 508-486-5566.
The Marlborough Hospital Women’s Imaging Center is accredited by the American College of Radiology and holds a valid mammography license and certificate of inspection from the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.