Heart and Vascular Services
The heart care you receive from UMass Memorial Health Care is among the very best in the nation. The expertise of our physicians and surgeons, our advanced technology and modern facilities, our highly trained nursing staff and our emergency response system within Worcester County ensure fast, lifesaving care.
When you need specialized services for complex heart conditions, you have access to the Heart and Vascular Center at UMass Memorial Medical Center:
- We are the leading hospital in Massachusetts for heart attack survival, according to data from the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Our cardiac surgery program is one of only 81 heart surgery programs across the country to receive a three-star rating—the highest—by Consumer Reports magazine for overall performance, complications and other quality measures for heart bypass surgery.
See other quality measures.
Heart Services at UMass Memorial Medical Center
Our heart and vascular services includes:
- Anticoagulation Center
- Aortic Aneurysms Services
- Atrial Fibrillation Program
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Cardiac Imaging
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Clinic
- Cardiac Testing and Screening
- Cardio-oncology Clinic
- Electrophysiology Services
- General Cardiology
- Heart Failure Services
- Heart Surgery
- Hypertension Clinic
- Limb Preservation Program
- Lipids Clinic
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Preventive Cardiology Program
- Pulmonary Hypertension Program
- Second Opinion Clinic
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation Program
- Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair Program
- Valve Clinic
- Vascular and Endovascular Services
- Women’s Heart Health Program
Heart and Vascular Care in Central Massachusetts
Our hospitals offer you access to expert preventive, diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation resources for the full range of heart and vascular problems in a location that is convenient for you.
One of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care eight years in a row.
Recipient of the Healthgrades Cardiac Care Excellence Award for ten years in a row.
Recipient of Healthgrades Coronary Intervention Excellence Award for 11 years in a row.
First-time recipient of the Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award.
One of Healthgrades 50 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery five years in a row.
Recipient of the American Heart Association's Get With the Guidelines Award